A very significant year.
MINDS participated in the Festival of Mind Exhibition organised by the Malaysian Mental Literacy Movement of Malaysia. The exhibition was held at the Petaling Jaya Campus of Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman from 1st August to 3rd August, 2008 and was officiated by Dr Ng Yen Yen, Minister of Women, Family and Community Development.
* To encourage creative thinking and the spirit of invention among Malaysians
* To promote and enhance the development and utilisation of Malaysian art, inventions and designs
* To provide advice and guidance to individual inventors and designers as well as companies involved in research and development
* To offer support and guidance in the commercialisation of new inventions and product ideas
* To provide professional development and training programs to enhance competitiveness
MINDS is honoured to have as its patrons, The Right Honourable Dato’ Seri Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, Prime Minister of Malaysia and The Hon. Datuk Law Hieng Ding, Minister of Science, Technology and the Environment who have provided the essential leadership for Malaysians to use their creativity and inventiveness to the fullest. Along with the Founding President, Tan Sri Datuk Dr. Augustine Ong, MINDS has provided a platform from which inventors and designers are able to generate ideas and successfully commercialise them into leading brands.
MINDS is active nationally and internationally and associated with the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) and the International Federation of Inventors’ Associations. With support from the Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment, Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Education and SIRIM, MINDS has established itself as the leading body to support inventions and designers in Malaysia.